Paddleboard Yoga Certification
Picture yourself on the San Diego Bay, hanging out on the water learning about yoga and how to become a successful SUP paddle yoga teacher! The Wellness Lounge Paddle Yoga certification is a fun unique training giving you ALL the skills needed to teach paddle yoga classes and you can complete this Journey at your own pace! Paddle yoga is powerful and therapeutic because you are experiencing a deeper connection with the MahaPrana (energy of the elements) and great for strengthening your yoga practice and rehabilitating injuries as it works all the major and stabilizing muscles. This unique Teacher Training is designed for yoga teachers of all styles and backgrounds. You will get all the tools necessary to teach a joyful, safe and dynamic yoga class on the water!
Wellness Lounge is a registered Yoga Alliance Yoga School. We do 200 Hour Hatha & Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training and Continuing education trainings on SUP yoga,Yin, Restorative yoga, yoga therapy, Massage, Anatomy & Reiki
- 25 ALL Contact hours with Dr. April Walker D.C (Chiropractor, Ocean Lifeguard, E-RYT 200,Holistic Health Practitioner, Massage Therapist, Reiki Master) and Meredith Hatton (RYT-200 SUP Certified) on learning all about Wellness SUP paddle yoga classes, honing your paddle skills, learning key techniques, water safety, and two styles of SUP Yoga from experienced teachers.
- Comprehensive understanding of all equipment required to teach and choose proper equipment – boards, paddles, accessories, anchors, buoys, and fins. How to set up and handle boards. Board Safety and First Aid training
- Learn how to instruct and sequence a safe and thorough beginner stand up paddle board lesson and teach 90 minute yoga classes on the boards
- Receive extensive water safety instruction from qualified Lifeguard/EMT’s with real life scenarios, as well information on water laws and regulations.Weather and water safety: Regulations, local knowledge, rescue techniques and lifesaving skills and first aid.
- Anchor systems: Individual and group and Anchorless Yoga Techniques
- Strengthen Paddle Boarding Skills: Learn how to stand up with confidence on the paddle board. Discover vital strokes for controlling speed and maneuvering paddle board with ease and grace
- Receive an “advanced stroke technique and turns” workshop from a professional SUP athlete Carlos and Craig at Aqua Adventures and try our different equipment and boards
- Wellness Lounge Paddleboard & SUP Yoga Certificate
- Receive 25 hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education credits
- You will learn to confidently teach Wellness Paddle Yoga signature 1.5 hour paddleboard classes: Beginner Lesson (how to teach a beginner sup lesson, technique, water safety), Wellness Paddle Yoga (beginner SUP Yoga class with hatha restorative poses and guided savasana meditation and Paddle Yoga Flow intermediate vinyasa flow class designed specifically for paddle board. Paddleboard Fitness Yoga- Fitness class on the water with vinyasa yoga, yoga sculpt, pilates, and core exercises.
- Training includes 15 hours of assisting, observing and shadowing 90 min yoga classes taught by Dr. April & Meredith. 6 Hour Private or small group contact hours to practice asana techniques, pranayama breathing techniques and paddle board yoga sequencing, 2 hours on Equipment and Paddle Technique Rescue and safety techniques,
- Find your water voice! You will be practice teaching throughout the training many hours is dedicated to you finding your voice and practice teaching paddle yoga so you will be ready when training is done to start teaching! Students will feel confident teaching all classes!
- Learn how to create and market successful SUP Yoga classes in your community through our Business of SUP Yoga Workshop and mindbody training with Kirby office manager at the Wellness Lounge. Learn details of permits, class pricing, partnering with board rental shops, social media.
- 25 hours of Yoga Alliance CEU credits
- Support and job placement available on your new paddle yoga business venture: Get all the tools for success: Professional Photos for your website social media, knowledge how to market and build you client base and build your classes. Learn Purpose and do what you love for work!
- All equipment rental boards, paddles, life vest are included! Sunset and Full Moon Paddle Yoga Available as Part of the Training.
- Work-Trade Available: Work Off $300 or Full Tuition by trading teaching & marketing Wellness Lounge and our yoga classes. Talk to Kirby or April for details: Work Placement Available!
- One Month FREE Unlimited Yoga Classes at Wellness Lounge and 10% OFF massages, chiropractic, acupuncture, skin care and be part of our amazing TRIBE & FAMILY of Paddle Yogis and Wellness Professionals!
Other SUP Yoga Requirements: To Teach Professionally: You will need to still have you own licence and insurance & get a CPR and First Aid certification, and you should be a proficient swimmer and comfortable doing water sports.Must have your 200 hour RYT certification, however it is not required to apply. (You should be currently enrolled in your 200HR YTT or have plans in the near future to attend. It is not advised to be instructing SUP Yoga until this is completed.)
To Sign UP: Call Text Wellness Lounge (858)245-6049 or signup on website www.wellnessloungespa.com
$100 Deposit to Start Program OR Pay as you go $25 Per Hour
Prereq: 200 Hour yoga alliance teacher
$625 ($25 per Hour)