20 Hour Yoga Alliance Certified Wellness Lounge Paddleboard Yoga Certification
Do you love yoga & the water? Then this training is for you!
Picture yourself on the San Diego Bay, hanging out on the water learning about yoga and how to become a successful paddleboard yoga teacher! The Wellness Lounge Paddleboard Yoga certification is a fun, unique training that gives you ALL the skills needed to teach paddle yoga classes and the best part is, it can be completed at your own pace! Paddleboard yoga is powerful and therapeutic because you are experiencing a deeper connection with the MahaPrana (energy of the elements) and it’s also great for strengthening your yoga practice and rehabilitating injuries as it works all the major and stabilizing muscles. This unique teacher training is designed for yoga teachers of all styles and backgrounds. You will get all the tools necessary to teach a joyful, safe and dynamic yoga class on the water!
Wellness Lounge is a registered Yoga Alliance Yoga School. We do 200 Hour Hatha & Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training and Continuing education trainings on SUP yoga,Yin, Restorative yoga, yoga therapy, Massage, Anatomy & Reiki. Your instructors include:
- Dr. April Walker D.C (Chiropractor, Ocean Lifeguard, E-RYT 200,Holistic Health Practitioner, Massage Therapist, Reiki Master),
- Amy LaRoche (RYT-200 SUP Certified),
- Our amazing team at Aqua Adventures
In This Training you Will:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of all equipment required to teach – boards, paddles, accessories, anchors, buoys, and fins. How to set up and handle boards. Includes board safety.
- Learn how to instruct and sequence a safe and thorough beginner stand up paddle board lesson and teach 90 minute-2hour yoga classes on the boards
- Learn anchor systems: Individual and group and anchorless yoga techniques, towing techniques, etc.
- Strengthen paddle boarding skills: Learn how to stand up with confidence on the paddle board. Discover vital strokes for controlling speed and maneuvering paddle board with ease and grace and go on paddleboard around beautiful Mission Bay
- Receive 20 hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education credits
- Find your water voice! You will be practicing teaching throughout the training. Many hours are dedicated to you finding your voice and practicing paddleboard yoga so you will be ready when training is done to start teaching! Students will feel confident teaching all classes!
- Learn the skills needed to market your classes to the community and create a successful following! You will also go through a Business of Yoga training to learn the details of class pricing, permitting, insurance, software, social media, etc.
- All equipment including rental boards, paddles, life vests are included! Free specialty classes including Sunset and Full Moon Paddleboard Yoga are available as part of the training.
- Receive 10% OFF massages, chiropractic, acupuncture and be part of our amazing TRIBE & FAMILY of Paddle Yogis and Wellness Professionals!
- Prerequisite: You must have your 200 hour certification to teach yoga before participating in this training. You are able to participate if you are currently enrolled in a 200 hour program or plan to in the near future.
- You must be a proficient swimmer and comfortable with water sports
- You will be required to obtain your own insurance to apply to teach at the Wellness Lounge. You will be required to complete a CPR/First Aid certification. We will provide options but you can also complete these at:
- The training is $450. You will be required to take 6 classes at your own pace and can pay as you go to complete those ($35 per class). The remaining $240 will be due to schedule the subsequent sections of the training. Payment plans or up front payment are available as well.
- Partial work trade options available: Those interested in this option must apply.. This option allows the participant to save $200 on the training by teaching 8 classes at the Wellness Lounge after training is complete. Please do not apply for this option if you will not be able to continue teaching after you have completed the training.
What to expect:
- Step 1 (12 hours): Observe/take 6 Paddleboard Yoga classes with Wellness Lounge. Refer to Jane for schedule and to sign up.
- First 4 classes: you will be taking the class, enjoying, listening and shadowing the instructor.
- Last 2 classes: you will be assisting the instructor, teaching a section of the class and helping people anchor, tow, etc. You will be learning how to prepare a safe and dynamic class. The classes we offer in Aug/Sept are designed for Paddleboard yoga training.
- Current class offerings:
- Step 2 (4 hours): Schedule your 4 contact hours with Dr. April (Two 2 hour sessions) These will be small groups lessons and having at least 4 of your 6 classes complete is highly recommended.
- During these sessions you will
- Practice teaching, practice sequencing, practice SUP yoga techniques, review asanas (yoga poses), pranayama (breathing techniques), water safety, basic first aid, SUP techniques, practice anchoring,towing, etc.
- Explore the bay on paddle boards
- Learn about paddle and water sport equipment, practice paddleboarding around the bay, learn stroke technique & paddle racing, learn about board handling water safety, tow techniques, water rescue, etc.
- 2 hour classes are available every week
- Current offerings with Dr. April
- During these sessions you will
- Step 3 (2 hours): 2 Hour Boat Ride around Mission Bay!
- Get to know our beautiful, unique bay and all the various spots for paddleboard yoga! Healthy snacks and drinks provided! Optional swim!
- Step 4 (2 hours): Final exam: teach a paddleboard yoga class (2 hours)
- Encouraged to bring friends and family
- Dr. April will be there to help every step of the way to assist you also to take photos and after that you are done! Woohoo!
- You can now certify with Yoga Alliance and start to apply for work as a Paddleboard Yoga teacher!
Ready to sign up? Call or Text Wellness Lounge at 858-285-5602 or 858-245-6049 to get your journey started!
Work Trade Program (Interview & Approval Required, Subject to Availability):
Participants in the work trade program will be responsible for paying $250 of the tuition. The other $200 will be worked off with the options below:
Teach 8 classes
- Co-teach 2 Classes It is recommended that your first 2 classes are co-taught with another teacher! You can split the sequence (one teaching first half and second the second half), one of you can teach while the other assists (check people in, collect payment, tow, handle music take pictures, help anchor, clean up) or you can make it work however you prefer! In order to co-teach, the class must have 6 or more students.
- Teach 6 solo Classes (if class over 10 people we can give you assistant)
Now that you are feeling confident to solo teach, you will teach 6 classes on our paddle yoga schedule or private paddle classes and be responsible for everything involved. Classes must have a minimum of 3 people to be held.
- You can do 15 hours of cleaning around our office. Meet with Kirby to go over this option more in depth and schedule a training to learn about our office.
- You can do a combination of teaching classes and cleaning.
Reach out to us at 858-285-5602 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for training dates & times!